Jason Jacobsohn is an experienced venture capitalist and is the founder of Propellant Ventures. Prior to launching Propellant Ventures, Jason was a Principal at Alumni Ventures Group (AVG), which invests across various stages, industries, and geographies. At AVG, he was on the management team for Bascom Ventures and led due diligence for 19 investments in powerful, diverse, and leading-edge industries. For 20+ years, Jason has been an advocate for entrepreneurs by connecting them to growth resources such as investors, advisors, and strategic partners. Because of his visibility and relationships, he has a unique vantage point and access to startups, CEOs, and investors.
Jason has been actively involved in the startup and investor community for many years through various initiatives such as:
- Alumni Ventures Group – While part of the management team for Bascom Ventures, invested in 27 deals across industries, stages, and geographies.
- Vcapital – Screened deals across multiple high-growth industries for company’s network of investors.
- Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses – Provided strategic guidance and growth support to 150+ businesses across multiple industries.
- Chicagoland Entrepreneurial Center – Developed statewide fellowship to recognize high-growth businesses and provided them support.
- Founder Institute – Launched the Chicago chapter as Managing Director, which has graduated 100+ founders. Awarded Most Supportive Director.
- The Big Idea Forum – Former Board Member and President for non-profit that provided operational guidance for nascent startups.
- Future Founders – Former Board Member and Mentor for non-profit that provides support for youth entrepreneurship.
- Teach For America – Developed social entrepreneurship program to provide startup guidance for first-time entrepreneurs to tackle education inequity.
- DePaul University – Adjunct Faculty Member that teaches entrepreneurship classes to undergraduate students.